Beginning sometime in 2006, a discussion emerged regarding the fact that in the life of this congregation there had never been any plan for a cemetery or burial options for Holy Nativity members, their families or friends. While Holy Nativity will likely never acquire or create a cemetery, there was the possibility of developing some type of memorial garden/area on the church property and this garden could also become the repository for cremated remains.
On June 28, 2009, Holy Nativity dedicated the newly created Columbarium and Memorial Garden, located near the southeast corner of our building. The Columbarium has two columns at present, with room for expansion of four additional columns. Each Column hold 40 niches; each niche holds two urns. These urns are for the cremated ashes of a deceased person. A granite plaque with the name, birth date and date of death for the deceased is secured on the face of the niche.
The opposite side of each Column holding the niche is a “Memorial Wall.” This Memorial Wall is for remembering loved ones whose remains have been placed elsewhere. A granite plaque with the name, birth date and date of death are placed here in their memory.
Click above for more details about the Columbarium, written by member Kim Boursier in conversation with architect Dan Weatherman & retired Pastor John Lingen (published in the August 2009 Tidings newsletter).
We thank Brian Eklund for the Columbarium photos shown here!
For information about purchasing a niche or Memorial Wall plaque, please contact the church office at 763-545-1647 or email@example.com.