Update to Worship Schedule:
Holy Nativity family and friends! We want to keep you as up-to-date as possible in this ever-changing climate we currently live in. It is hard to keep up with everything that is going on and everything that is changing, but we want to do our very best. To that end, here are some important things you need to be aware of for the month of April:
- The church council has been meeting weekly to check-in and touch base in order to make the safest, best decisions for our church community. We will continue our video-meetings until we resume our normal in-person meetings.
- The council has decided that worship will continue to be on-line through the first Sunday of May. This coincides with the Governor’s guidance and our Bishop’s recommendation. This is just our hope, however, and may change again. Stay tuned!
- Holy week worship will be as follows:
- Both Maundy Thursday (April 9) and Good Friday (April 10) will have live, on-line worship at 7:00 PM. The services might look a little different, but we will still “gather” together for worship to mark these important days in our faith life.
- Easter Sunday, April 12, will also be live and on-line, at 9:30 AM. This is not an ideal way to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord, and it will be hard to not gather together. However, please remember that the Easter season is a full 50 days, and know that we will be working hard to put together a beautiful, exuberant celebration of the resurrection when we are back worshiping in person! What joy and gratitude we will have our first Sunday back!
Thank you for your patience as we continue to make adjustments and plans that are honoring of this community and the God we serve. Peace, health, and love be with you all!
With the Governor’s call to “stay-at-home,” there are some slight changes to our office schedule that we want you to be aware of. Churches are considered “essential services,” so the office will remain open to the few staff that will still come in: Lisa Baker, Pastor Ashley, and Pastor Jason. The rest of the staff is working remotely during this time, including Linda Lien.
Because the office is open, you will still be able to call during our regular office hours. If you can’t get ahold of someone, leave a message and like always, we will call you back. Linda’s personal phone number is in this Tidings, so if you need to be directly in touch with her, you can do so in that way. The entire staff continues to have access to email.
During the two weeks of the “stay-at-home” mandate, we are asking people not to stop by the office unless you have made a direct arrangement with a Pastor. If you need to drop off or pick something up, we will facilitate that over our intercom system.
Thank you for your understanding!
Miss your Holy Nativity friends? Virtual fellowship happening soon!
Stay tuned! We are hoping to schedule a few “virtual fellowship” opportunities throughout the month. The best way to get this information will be through the Holy Post or our Facebook Group. We will be using the Zoom application, and sending out links to connect to these fellowship opportunities the weeks that they happen. If you need a Zoom tutorial—call the office! We can help 😊 Hope to “see” you soon!