As you are no doubt aware, federal stimulus payments have started arriving in bank accounts.
Many of you need them and they are helping your family stay above water.
But if you are not depending on that money to pay your monthly expenses, please consider spending it in a way that helps all of us. Here are some ideas to consider:
- Donate to an organization devoted to helping people in times of need, like PRISM, our local faith-based social service agency. The need for food has risen exponentially and a monetary donation goes the furthest for PRISM to buy food it needs.
- Donate to Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota. LSS continues to operate and its services are needed now more than ever. They provide financial counseling, mental health counseling, support for older adults, housing counseling, and more. These are all things that are needed now more than ever!
- Consider tithing your stimulus payment to Holy Nativity. We are committed to fulfilling our mission even in the midst of these unusual times, and we appreciate your support to make that happen!
- Support local restaurants by getting take out. Restaurants are struggling mightily and any support we can offer will help keep them in business.
- Support local stores by buying a gift card to use later or finding out if they are offering curbside pickup or online ordering. Our local small businesses need all the help they can get.