Walk to End Hunger is happening virtually!
Can you walk around your living room? At the gym? In your neighborhood? Be part of the Holy Nativity VIRTUAL Walk to End Hunger team and help raise money for PRISM! PRISM is a featured partner in this year’s Walk To End Hunger. Since it’s inception in 2008, the Walk has raised over $3,000,000 to help support hunger relief organizations in the Twin Cities metro area. This year’s event is “virtual “ due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which actually makes it easier for everyone to participate! There are two ways to participate!
1) You can participate by joining the “Holy Nativity Hikers!” The cost to register either to join our team OR to create your own fundraising page is $25 for adults, $10 for kids. (This amount is donated to PRISM.) Register to be part of the Holy Nativity team here: https://event.walktoendhunger.org/event/wteh2020/team/869846/
Then on Thanksgiving – November 26th – plan on walking wherever you want…even at home! And share your participation with family members, friends, co-workers, etc. to help raise money for PRISM!
Ways to VIRTUALLY Participate:
• Walk inside (walk a lap around your home, go up and down stairs)
• Walk outside (local parks, your neighborhood
• Grocery shopping
• Take your dogs on a walk
• Exercise at local gym or take online classes (treadmill, rowers, elliptical, stationary bikes, etc.)
• Park further away from the front door of stores
• Get off the bus or out of the Uber early and walk the rest of the way home
• While watching TV, get up and walk during commercials
• While on the phone with someone, walk instead of sitting or standing
• Hide the remote so you have to get up to change the channel
• March in place as you brush your teeth
• Skip escalators and elevators if possible
• Mow the lawn or rake the leaves
• Play your favorite song and dance like no one’s watching!
2) Donate to our team! Click here to donate online.
100% of donations go directly to PRISM and the work they do to address the rising issue of food insecurity in our community.
Our goal is to raise $500! Can you help us do it?