Holy Nativity members and friends!
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected all of us including how we as Holy Nativity do church and stay connected to one another.
Here is what we’re doing during this time and how you can still be an active, connected member at Holy Nativity!
(Note: This is not a complete list as new opportunities are added whenever possible. Follow our blog for updates!)
Until it’s safe to worship in-person again, we are worshiping together – online!
Join us for Sunday worship at 9:30am on Facebook “LIVE” at facebook.com/holynativitynewhope!
You can also view our service on YouTube, and listen to the service by phone. Both of those options are available each Sunday starting at noon.
To view our service on YouTube afterward:
Our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv9wMRQxiXSf0jwX-EamLBw/
To listen to the service by phone afterward, call 1 (855) 341 – 0527 after noon on Sunday.
Worship information is sent out to our church email list each week.
If you aren’t on our church email list and would like to receive updates and our weekly email newsletter “The Holy Post,” please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com.
Most Holy Nativity music ensembles are on hiatus at this time, but there are still opportunities to share your musical gifts!
The Nativity Bells is our handbell choir, and they meet regularly on Mondays at 7:00pm. Their music is recorded and shared during worship a few times per year.
Individuals and small groups are also providing our special music on Sundays.
For more information or if you have questions or interest, please contact Iver Hubert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Groups and Events
Holy Nativity groups are still meeting but either socially distanced in-person, or online.
Some ways you can be involved at this time:
- Sunday Forums and Youth Forums take place online on Sundays. Sunday forums meet the 1st and 3rd Sundays via Google Meet. Youth and High School forums (7-9 and 10-12) will continue alternating Sundays. Youth will meet the 1st and 3rd Sundays and High School will meet the 2nd and 4th Sundays.
- Centering Prayer meets on Monday nights from 5:30 – 6:30pm online via Zoom. Please contact Kari Johnson at email@example.com if interested.
- Bible Study meets on Tuesdays at 10:00am in the Fellowship Hall. Everyone wears masks and is seated 6 feet apart, but this has been a great way to stay connected in person.
- Book Study is meeting on Wednesday nights November 11th, 18th and December 2nd, 2020 from 7:00 – 8:00pm online via Google Meet. Contact the church office for more information.
- Additional events are being scheduled as we can safely offer them – follow our blog for updates or contact the church office!
What needs do you have during this time? How can we pray for you?
Prayer needs can be shared by contacting the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 763-545-1647. Prayer requests are sent to our email prayer group. If you would like to join that group and pray for others, please let us know.
If you are in need of help with food, rent, or other resources, visit our Community Resources page.
Need encouragement? You are invited to view our devotional videos by Pastor Ashley on our YouTube page!
For pastoral or spiritual care, please contact one of our pastors:
For any other needs or questions, contact Linda Lien, our Congregational Care Coordinator, at 612-270-3852, or the church office at 763-545-1647.
As we continue to worship online, and as we continue to serve God and our neighbors in safe, creative ways, we thank you for your continued financial support!
During this time there are still many ways you can financially support Holy Nativity:
- Mail your offering (you may use your offering envelopes or mail checks to us at Holy Nativity, 3900 Winnetka Avenue N, New Hope, MN 55427).
- Give online via our link. Or just go to our website at holynativity.net and click on “Make Donation.”
- Ask the office to send you a Simply Giving form for automatic withdrawals.
One area of local mission vital to Holy Nativity’s ministry to reach those in special need is PRISM (People Responding in Social Ministry). Services offered range from food, clothing, financial assistance, counseling, transportation and much more. See our current Tidings newsletter for how we are currently supporting PRISM, such as by collecting food or clothing donations, or volunteering.
Each month our mission offering is designated to one of our partnering organizations, including PRISM, Kid Pack, Minneapolis Crisis Nursery, and ELCA World Hunger. Just mark your offering as “mission” offering.
Family & Children’s Ministry
Current programming is online, and you can view weekly Sunday School lessons and videos here!
Families – if you haven’t already, register your kids online here!
Families can email Kristen for more information and access to Sunday School materials at email@example.com.
Confirmation for 7th – 9th graders is happening both in-person and online! In addition, youth forums for 7th – 9th graders, and high school forums for 10th – 12th graders, are offered online via on Sundays at 10:30am. Youth will meet the 1st and 3rd Sundays and High School will meet the 2nd and 4th Sundays. All online meetings are happening via Zoom.
We are also meeting in-person for socially distanced gatherings as we are able.
Please contact Wendy Grimes for information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monthly senior ministry events are currently on hiatus, but there are opportunities to stay connected! Bible Study is on Tuesdays at 10:00am in-person (socially distanced), Sunday Forum is Sundays at 10:30am online and Book Study is on three Wednesdays this fall online.
In addition, smaller groups including women’s groups are staying connected by phone or smaller in-person meetings.
Other Helpful Resources & Information
Here are articles that may be helpful:
Coping with Stress (Centers for Disease Control & Prevention)
Faith at Home (Resources from ELCA Faith Formation)