Autumn in Minnesota is a favorite time for many, as the weather cools down and is perfect for outdoor fun at the pumpkin patch, apple orchard, or football game.
And Holy Nativity is a place where you can enjoy many autumn activities.
Here are ideas for your fall bucket list!
- Go Apple Picking. Have you heard of Spartan and RiverBelle? These are just a couple of the apple varieties you can pick here in Minnesota. Find a local apple orchard and try an apple variety you’ve never tasted before.
- Visit a Farmers Market. Some farmers markets continue into the fall. For example, the Golden Valley “Market in the Valley” continues on Sundays through October 8th.
- Go to a local Trick or Treating event. New Hope has “Trick or Trot” event on October 7th, and Holy Nativity’s annual Trunk or Treat event is Friday, October 27th from 6:00 – 7:00pm, and we’ll have a free hot dog dinner. Sign up to help or provide a trunk with treats, or just dress up and join us for the fun!
- Do some Fall Cleanup. Rake leaves for a neighbor, or help with Fall Clean-up at Holy Nativity on Saturday, October 28th from 9:00am – Noon. The more the merrier!
- Enjoy fall beauty. Visit the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum in Chaska, or Como Zoo Conservatory.
- Join a new group! At Holy Nativity, women are invited to join a women’s group, which include Elizabeth Circle and Sarah Circle. Elizabeth Circle meets on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 1:00pm, and Sarah Circle on the 4th Wednesday at 1:00pm. Do you like to sew? Join Quilters on Thursdays at 9:00am! Want to learn more about the Bible? All are welcome to Bible Study on Tuesdays at 10:00am. Want to pray more with others and for others’ needs? Centering Prayer meets online every other Monday at 5:30pm, and/or sign up for the Holy Nativity email prayer group (email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Make some music! Make a joyful noise by joining Bell Choir (every other Monday at 7:00pm), and/or Nativity Choir (every Wednesday at 7:00pm). No audition required!
- Volunteer! There are many opportunities to serve including local schools, the library or PRISM in Golden Valley. Our Outreach Team posts opportunities in the monthly newsletter and on our bulletin board.
- Have a bonfire. Have friends over for an evening of conversation around a fire. Invite someone new from church!
- Read a book. Holy Nativity’s library has an abundance of fiction and nonfiction choices.
- Go for a walk or hike. Explore local parks including French Regional Park.
- Shop at a Bake Sale. The Holy Nativity Youth are coordinating a Bake Sale Fundraiser on November 18th (time TBA)! Stop by to shop, or donate some baked goods beforehand!
- See a play or musical. Many Holy Nativity youth are involved in plays and musicals at their schools. Have one to advertise? Share on the church bulletin board and in the Holy Nativity Facebook group!
- Pick a pumpkin. Go to a local pumpkin patch or pumpkin stand, and carve at home.
- Try a new recipe. Go online to find something new to cook or bake, or check out a cookbook at the library.
- Have a fall photoshoot. Fall is a great time for photos of yourself, you and your partner, or your family. Make sure you submitted a photo to the church office for the directory.
- Explore a Corn Maze! “Get lost” with friends or family at a local corn maze. You’ll often find these at fall festivals where there are many other activities too.
- Go to a game! The Twins, Gophers and Vikings have many home games, or go to a local college or high school game.
- Play a board game or do a puzzle. Start a puzzle or board game night in your family and try a new one each week. (Did you know Holy Nativity has puzzles you can borrow?) Make apple cider or hot cocoa for everyone.
- Make a fall craft! Create a leaf wreath using leaves and a paper plate, or decorate jars as luminaries using orange and brown craft paper.
Any more you would add to this list?