Thank you for taking some time to learn about Holy Nativity! We hope we’ll see you at one of our worship services in the near future. If you decide to visit, here are some things you can expect.
RELAXED, WELCOMING ENVIRONMENT
Our goal is to make you feel welcomed and comfortable as you are. As you enter, you will be greeted by volunteer worship assistants. They will help you locate a bulletin for worship and find your way around. Each Sunday, one of our 12 church council members serves as a host to answer questions and make sure everything flows smoothly. That person or another volunteer may staff the Welcome Desk at the front door. There you will find general information about the church and a guest book that we hope you’ll sign with your name and contact information so we can get to know a little about you.
Worship continues to be in-person and online.
You can find us here: https://www.facebook.com/holynativitynewhope
After each Sunday service, recordings of the service are then uploaded to both YouTube and the phone live-streaming service to be viewed/heard later.
Here’s our unique toll-free number: 1 (855) 341 – 0527
Holy Communion is celebrated the 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month.
On Sundays, Education Hour is from 10:45am – 11:30am, September-May. Sunday School, a Youth Forum, and an Adult Forum take place during this time. (High School Forum takes place at another time.)
Liturgies alternate each Sunday. We use the following liturgies:
- The “Evangelical Book of Worship” (the red hymnal), reflecting the rich heritage of the church expressed in word and music.
- The more contemporary “Now the Feast and Celebration” by musician Marty Haugen. Haugen has created a unique service blending our Biblical tradition with current and familiar music.
- Our original “New Hope Liturgy,” which was created by our own music staff (Iver Hubert & Lisa Baker, with Rev. David W. Mohn, retired) and is an uplifting blend of contemporary and traditional.
Music is led by organ and piano. Occasionally, music is assisted by other instrumentalists including brass, woodwinds and synthesizer.
EDUCATION FOR ALL & FELLOWSHIP TIME
Year-round, you are invited to enjoy some coffee, doughnuts and cookies in the Fellowship Hall from 10:30am – 11:30am where many gather to socialize. You’ll find families with young children, single professionals, as well as adults 55+.
From September to May, we also offer an education hour at 10:45am for all ages:
- Sunday School is for ages 3 through grade 6 and usually begins with music time in the large Sunday School room on the north side of the building.
- A Youth Forum is offered for grades 7 through 12 in the Youth Room/Annex (next to the Fellowship Hall).
- A Sunday Forum is offered for adults in the worship area. Every week a new topic is presented and many guest speakers are invited from the community to lead relevant and interesting discussions in a casual, relaxed atmosphere. You are welcome to bring your coffee & donuts/cookies to the Forums.
- Forums for high school aged kids is offered on the first Sunday of the month at 6:30pm.
Children are welcome in worship. Our nursery is open for families to use, but it is not staffed at this time.
We also offer “busy bags” for children in the hallway across from the church office.
Audio from worship services can be heard through the volume-adjustable speaker in the nursery and lounge.